3 Day Guided Tour
3 Day North Island Experience around Bushland Park Lodge & Retreat
by Mercedes Van or travel light by Helicopter.
“TIME Unlimited Tours” – 3 Day Private Tour
(Multi-Day AKL to AKL, One-Way AKL to ROT / ROT to AKL)
- Based on Private Luxury Tour for 3 days/2 nights & accommodation at Bushland Park Lodge & Retreat in the Coromandel Peninsula
- Reverse itinerary also possible from Rotorua via Coromandel to Auckland
- Full Professional Guiding services and Mercedes luxury vehicle
- This luxury experience can also be incorporated with airport or cruise ship arrival/departures ineither Auckland or Tauranga/Rotorua
Day 1. Auckland to Whangamata, Coromandel Peninsula
Today you will be collected in the harbour city of Auckland, known as the ‘City of Sails’ which is nestled on a volcanic landscape between the two great oceans of the Pacific and Tasman Seas. The tour will first head south-east along the Pacific Coast Highway and along to the Seabird Coast to visit the Miranda Shoreline Centre. If timing coincides with high tide then there is the unique opportunity to see the migratory bird species that call this area home. The next destination is the historical Coromandel Peninsula. The scenic drive continues toward Coromandel Town where you can often see back across the Pacific Ocean to Auckland’s eastern shores.
- In Coromandel town, you can enjoy a scenic 1 hour train ride on this beautiful mountain railway at Driving Creek Railway.
- Continue via Kuaotunu Beach and Tairua to Whangamata, where we are guaranteed a warm welcome by Petra & Reinhard of Bushland Park Lodge for the next 2 night’s accommodation.
Exclusively, a maximum of three fortunate couples at a time can experience this unique and luxury Lodge & Retreat with spacious suites for accommodation. Here you can
• visit resident glow-worms just three minutes walk from your dinner table;
• gaze at the stars from the double slipper clawfoot bathtub in the infrared heated area under the Milky Way with the romantic 3 Cs: Champagne, Candles & Chocolates;
• indulge in high-class cuisine prepared by your private chef using only prime New Zealand ingredients, married with that German influenced International touch to an unforgettable dining experience, accompanied and rounded off by the selection of stunning New Zealand grown wines;
• enjoy this fine dining in the Lodge where gourmet food is served on artistically designed glass-fused dinnerware, handcrafted in the onsite studio;
• revel in the Luxury of Silence, emotional well-being and regain your inner peace.
• Complimentary Auckland hotel pick-up (airport option or cruise ship also possible where times permit)
• Complimentary Eco-Water bottles and snack baskets (provided on Day 1 and can be used for refilling during tour)
• Professional Driver-Guide providing historical, sightseeing and information
• Miranda Shoreline Centre (no entry fee but we will provide donation entry – client value $5-10 per person)
• Top-end luxury accommodation at Bushland Park Lodge near Whangamata in the Coromandel
Day 2. Coromandel Peninsula After breakfast,
we are ready to explore the Eastern side of the Coromandel Peninsula starting with a visit to Whitianga – this town is the main settlement of the Coromandel and is noted for its historical significance in both pre- and post-European times.
We then continues to allow for optional activities enroute such as:
- Optional self-guided walk within Te Whanganui a Hei Marine Reserve or hire a water taxi to Cathedral Cove from Hahei beach
- Dig yourself a natural sand-spa bath on Hot Water Beach (note best times are 2 hours either side of low tide to experience this at its best)
Return to Whangamata for a beautifully-prepared dinner, again at Bushland Park Lodge. • Professional Driver-Guide providing historical, sightseeing and information
• Lunch hosted by Guide (special dietary requirements can be catered for if advised prior to tour start date)
• Complimentary use of sand shovels for Hot Water Beach activity
• Premium accommodation at Bushland Park Lodge (breakfast & dinner included)
Day 3. Coromandel Peninsula to Rotorua
Awakening to another day in Paradise, after a beautiful breakfast and farewelled by Bushland Park Lodge, you will now be transported to the Bay of Plenty. Drive via the Mining town of Waihi and Katikati on to Te Puke, centre of the Kiwifruit industry in New Zealand. We can arrange a special stop for a guided walk (own cost) to the top of Mt Maunganui before heading on to Kiwi 360 to learn about the Kiwifruit industry in Te Puke before continuing on to Rotorua, where the tour will conclude.
An alternative option is to drive via the famous Hobbiton Movie Set (own cost) enroute to Rotorua. For this option the Mt Maunganui/Te Puke route will not be included. Morning departure & itinerary will need to allow 2 hour Hobbiton tour and 1.5 hour approx. travel to Rotorua post-Hobbiton tour for approx. 5pm drop-off in Rotorua. • Professional Driver-Guide providing historical, sightseeing and information
• Optional extra to include Guided Walk to top of Mount Maunganui, Kiwi 360 Kiwifruit experience, or a Hobbiton Movie Set Tour enroute to Rotorua. Hobbiton Private or open tours are available and are additional costs to client. For this option the Mt Maunganui/Te Puke route will not be included. Morning departure & itinerary will need to allow 2 hour Hobbiton tour and 1.5 hour approx. travel to Rotorua post-Hobbiton tour for approx.5pm drop-off in Rotorua.
• Complimentary drop-off Rotorua hotel or airport drop-off by arrangement.
Rates (for the 3 day Private Luxury Tour excl accommodation;
Our Private Luxury Tours include pick up and drop off at your Auckland city or Rotorua accommodation, our comprehensive, expert and friendly guiding during your tour, all taxes and park fees plus guide accommodation during the tour. Additional entry fees, meals and accommodation are not included but we will be happy to arrange for you.
Prices for our Private 3-Day Tours:
5+ guests NZ$795 each (NZ$265 each per day)
4 guests NZ$885 each (NZ$295 each per day)
3 guests NZ$1095 each (NZ$365 each per day)
2 guests NZ$1485 each (NZ$495 each per day)
Helicopter charter prices individually quoted, depending on tour and time